Hall of Fame - Athlete Category
Nomination as a athlete shall not be considered for the Hall of Fame until ten (10) years after graduation from a Manitoba High School. Such athletes must have competed in a MHSAA sanctioned sport and have distinguished himself/herself in the field of athletics while a student at a Manitoba High School. Among the accomplishments taken into account will be individual and team accomplishments, individual school or team records held, and impact on teams and the overall athletic program at their high school during their era and accomplishments thereafter in university/college or beyond.
This could include:
- individual school, zone, or provincial records or championships. Statistical leader for school, etc.
- selection for tournament, conference, zone, and/or Provincial Honors (MVP, All-Star, Player of the Game, etc.)
- qualifying as an individual or team in Provincial competition, considering number of times, number of sports, placings, etc.
- Being recognized as an all-round athlete in high school in any sport while attaining several team selections, captaincy, and leading teams to the league, zone, or provincial championships.
- An athlete not so honored for high school achievements, but who participates in university, college, professional or amateur sport and gains honors at this level or beyond, may also be considered by the Hall of Fame Selection Committee.